spark plug types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug types?

I'm gettin' ready to do my tune up. Any suggestions for the type of plugs to use? Hotter/colder, OEM? I think the originals are platinum.

Another thing, I did a tune up on my '93 sunbird (winter car) a couple years ago, ran fine. This time i just took it to the Pontiac dealer where my honey works (got discount)cuz it needed more than just tune up and didn't have time to mess with it. Anyway, dude at the shop called me and said the plugs were wrong type, and the pcv valve wasn't of the correct callibration! What??? Anyone here of such a thing??? When I buy parts, I always simply cross referance the books for Fram filters/pcv valve and usually get Champion or A/C Delco plugs.

I have an 02 and mine are double platinum so unless you have a different kind or have 80K on you car they're fine. Of course you could go one or two ranges colder for an upgrade like a NGK plug. as for dudes in the shop they aren't always right, if it ran fine then to hell with them.
    2002 Firebird. XM and subs. Tin-can Intake. 180 Therm. Fan Switch.<br />15Kohm Resistior Mod. Flowmaster 80.

Comment

if you go hotter you can suffer detonation, i think oem is o.k. . but if you have turbo,nos or supercharger 2 step colder is best

Comment

Whatever you do, get NGK TR55 or iridium NGK TR55-IX.
        New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
        RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
        crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
        The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

What are NGK TR55 & Iridium NGK TR55-IX?

Comment

oh, and btw, pardon my ignorance, but what does it mean if you are "n/a"??

Paul [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Comment

are u serious? it means naturally asperated
              2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

thank you!

i'm not privy to all tech. terms

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X