Car towed to shop. Here are symptoms. Whats wrong? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car towed to shop. Here are symptoms. Whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car towed to shop. Here are symptoms. Whats wrong?

So I just picked up a 2000 3.8 from a friend for dirt cheap. Its got 131k and drove smooth as can be the first two days. Its a 5 speed with stock shifter. I decided to take the Hurst shifter (with short stick) off my 96 thinking it would fit the '00 and it did. Drove around all day.

Get on the Interstate tonight and have her up around 75. The shifter pops out of gear and into neutral and I cannot shift to any gears, it grinds. I slow to the side and think "well **** I've not done something right". The car starts but when I engage it into gear and release the clutch nothing happens. Ive replaced the Hurst back with the stock clutch and same thing. Also If I release the clutch when the shifter is in N it stalls.

Ive had my new baby towed to a show and they will be taking a look tomorrow but do any of you have any ideas? Im hoping this is something simple and not something serious like the tranny going out.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Car towed to shop. Here are symptoms. Whats wrong?

bad clutch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X