car hesistates then wants to backfire? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car hesistates then wants to backfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car hesistates then wants to backfire?

Whenever I go to accelerate med/hard my cars exhaust makes a sound like it wants to backfire and the car act like it loses power for 2 or 3 of these "backfires" (its more like a sputtering) then it starts to accelerate normally. Can anyone give me some ideas where I can look to begin troubleshooting this? I have changed the oil not two weeks ago, the coolant and tranny fluid are being done tomorrow so most of the fluids should be able to be ruled out. The serpentine belt isn't slipping (its brand new and rather tight). Any advice would be appreciated.
    -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Check your spark plug wires to make sure you aren't getting an arc somewhere, then check to make sure they are on tight.
    The problem "likely" resides in the spark plug wires, or spark plugs themselves. If you replace all of them, and it still hesitates, have the coil packs checked, then have the injectors checked.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Is it a "crackling" sound? If so, that's just the trademark 6 sound
      also, check your firing order.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>3800: 1-6-5-4-3-2
      top of 3800:
      back
      (6)xxxx(5)
      (4)xxxx(3)
      (2)xxxx(1)
      front<hr></blockquote> ~YoungCamaroKid [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: BadLiLBowtie ]</p>

Comment

Turns out it was a bad coil...thankfully nothing major and my trip this weekend is still a go! Thanks for all the advice guys! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img] Glad we could help [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X