symptoms of a bad coil pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• symptoms of a bad coil pack

what are some of the symptoms of a bad coil pact. i changed the plugs and wires and still getting what appears to be an intermittant misfire and i suspect the coil.
    thanks

Re: symptoms of a bad coil pack

is the SES light on? just scan it see what cylinder is misfiring, check the wire to plug layout, and if you want swap the coils packs and see if it follows to the next cylinder... you can measure the resistance/ohms of the coilpack if you have a voltage tester tool..

Comment

QUESTION if the coil pack is no good is the car gonna missfire and have no power and you can smell gas really bad and when you press the gas it stalls really bad and when your at a light if feels like if it want to go im having problems with my car

Comment

If its that bad, you should be getting an SES light

Have you ever changed your fuel filter?

Comment

yeah i just replace the fuel & air filters spark plugs and wires it got a little better but it still stalls when you press the gas when your taking off and if your going like 45 and you stay at the same speed it drives really nice but as soon as you give it more gas it boughs like if it wants to turn off and starts like pushing and it smells really bad like gas inside the car im gonna replace the oxygen sensors today do you think it might be that sorry for jacking your thread

Comment

punctuation fail

Comment

tell me where to put them if it bothers u

Comment

all i did was take one plug wire off at a time at nighttime so i could see better. and i found one that wasnt sparking so i changed it and it fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                  punctuation fail

anyhow infamous, you could buy one new coil pack and swap them out one at a time and see if it fixes your prob, then u can figure out which one is bad.

if that doesn't work i'd try the icm.

Comment

im in the process of buying it from a frend ill just put the coil pack from my car and see if it works the coils never crossed my mind thank you for your time and help i was never good in english class

Comment

alright, this is how it how it works. I'm not trying to be mean, its just REALLY annoying to try to read a 2 inch sentence.

Originally posted by Infamous Z View Post
                      Yeah, i just replace the fuel & air filters spark plugs and wires it got a little better, but it still stalls when you press the gas. When you're taking off, and if your going like 45 staying at the same speed, it drives really nice- but as soon as you give it more gas it boughs like if it wants to turn off and starts like pushing. It smells really bad like gas inside the car. I'm gonna replace the oxygen sensors today. Do you think it might be that? Sorry for jacking your thread.
                      sorry for messing with your post, but it had to be done. :)

Comment

ive had a bad coil pack.

if your car feels like **** and smells like gas, thats a good sign something could be wrong with your ignition.

when i changed mine, the fuse blew. id suggest removing it before you work on the coils, and then putting it back in when youre done.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

[Thread jack]

My SES Light comes on when I drive the car but then it goes out and then comes back on. I'm thinkin after reading some threads its my Spark plugs. My uncle says it sounds like a coil pack though. I

[/Thread jack]

f you get a used coil pack, if in fact that is the problem, I would suggest ebay. I saw a set on there for $40, but that was for a 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                            alright, this is how it how it works. I'm not trying to be mean, its just REALLY annoying to try to read a 2 inch sentence.

sorry for messing with your post, but it had to be done. :)
                            looks good:tup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X