intake manifold tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: intake manifold tips

yeah its the evap line. right now ive got the line all hooked up but without the bracket to hold it its just kinda sitting ontop of my engine. idk if thats fine or if it has to be held still.

also, im having a horrible time getting my throttle cable back in. my buddy took it out the other day and i dont know how to get it back in. i thik i can see the holes it goes into and the slot for the cable to slide into, i just cannot get it into the holes. the one cable that has a clip type thing on it i got in fine. but the other one i cannot get for the life of me.

Comment

Open the throttle up with one hand and slide the cable in with the other. You have to slide the little cylinder-like piece in first then set the cable into the grove on the bracket.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

yeah it seems like it should be that easy buy i cannot get it in. i mean i think im putting it in the right spot. where it goes is it like a slot on one side and a hole on the other for it to fit into? i just cant get it in.

Comment

Yeah, the hole is just slightly larger than the cylinder on the end of the cable. You slide the cylinder into the hole and position the cable so that it will lay back into the groove between the two halves of the bracket. I'll go take a pic real quick.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

These pictures are of a LS1, but the cable attaches the same way. If I remember correctly, the 3.8 is sort of upside down compared to this.
            The closup picture is kinda blurry. Couldn't get the damn camera to focus on the right thing, but I hope this helps.

Comment

I'd take a pic for ref, but I yanked EVAP and EGR long ago. Don't miss them at all.

Comment

thanks for the pic. thats what i thought it was supposed to be its just not goin in right. i guess ill just have to force it. and should the evap line be fine not strapped down?

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to mention, the evap line will be fine as long as it can't move far enough to interfere with anything or touch something hot (like exhaust manifold/header).

Comment

Some day yank that crap. Im tellin ya. I don't know how far modded you are, but my engine is SO much more spacious with out all the BS in there.

Comment

alright awesome. just gotta go pick up some copper rtv and thermostat gasket and get the last remaining crap put together then we finally get to see if its actually fixed!

Comment

I thought one of those rails run up to the Alt. on the pass. side, I don't know if helps to support it or not, I just removed the sensors. Might want to double check.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

alright guys. i am finished! i know this is a big moment for all of you as it is for me.

actually i havent started it to make sure nothings leaking becasue i just realized we are out of coolant. so i have to go get some but when i get back... the moment of truth.

Comment

Well did it start?? :)

Comment

it started and runs good. but i think it might still be leaking. its weird because i see some drips but i cant actually find it leaking from anywhere. the intakes look dry and both the radiator and overflow are full so i cant tell. but at least its driveable and i can get to work tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X