hmmm. connect batt and door locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm. connect batt and door locks?

well I wanted to see how this motor ran before I got it out, I was in the car and layed the keys on the center console and closed the door. My uncle then went to connect the battery and as soon as I reached for the handle to open the door, the doors locked.

so, how do I get my keys out. I know someone here has locked their keys in the camaro.. this is an 01, my 97 never done this.

And it does have an aftermarket auto start on it, dont know if that had anything to do with it.

let me know
    Thanks
    Archer,
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Re: hmmm. connect batt and door locks?

coat hanger through the top of the window. ;)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

thought about that, but didnt want to rip weather stripping.. I have an uncle that was a lock smith, i just hope he can jimmy the lock. if that doesnt work, Im ripping the windshield out and getting a car cover. lol

archer

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
        thought about that, but didnt want to rip weather stripping.. I have an uncle that was a lock smith, i just hope he can jimmy the lock. if that doesnt work, Im ripping the windshield out and getting a car cover. lol

archer
        wouldnt it be easier to just break the window?

same thing happened to a friend of mine, his key broke in the door lock, and he was able to bend the window back far enough to stick his hand down and unlock the door

the windows should have enough play in them for you to be able to do this.. or you can just bend the window back some and stick the coat hanger in so you dont ruin your weatherstripping

Comment

Careful in pulling the window back. While you can pull it back enough to get a SKINNY arm through and open up a t-top, pulling it back too far WILL damage things. There are two plastic "hooks" (for lack of a better word) on the bottom of the window that engage a brace when the window is all the way up. These hooks will easily break and allow the window to move more freely when rolled all the way up. The window won't hold snug against the weatherstripping and you will have water/air leaks. The fiberglass door is also pretty weak at the top. Pulling the window back can crack it at the base of the belt molding at the top.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Skinny's right, don't pull the window, you'll regret that later.

I don't like revealing tricks like this online (don't think other should either, ahem... hint hint)... Archer, I know you one of the good guys so I've PM'd you.

Comment

sweet thanks man, Im going out and stealing this dudes SS tonight! hahaha. Jk guys.
              Thanks landJ. it worked. Now Im heading out to make a spare just in case the damn car locks itself again.

And the windshield on this car is already broken, I just need it to stay intac longer so I can save the interior until I am ready to pull it out.

Thanks guys
              Archer

Comment

please tell me this was the tennis ball trick and it worked

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X