Plug question for upgraded ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug question for upgraded ignition

Ill be getting my DIS-4 soon, and along with the Accel packs and my Taylor wires, i want an upgraded plug from teh generic Bosch i have now.

I want to use NGK's, but should i go with TR55's or TR6's for n/a use. I dont plan on spraying for a while.

if your not going to spray.. just get a good copper plug gapped at .060

ngk are rather cheap plugs actually, but they do a fine job. i use copper autolite plugs that i regap to .060
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Use TR55 if you are N/A and use TR6 if you are spraying or force induction.
      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

loose the accel, and go with msd packs

Comment

I love my MSD coil packs, with the red Taylor SpiroPro wires, they really make the engine bay look sharp too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for plugs, I'm using NGK Iridium TR55IX plugs. No complaints here, but the Iridium plugs will chew into your wallet a bit more.
          \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing:
            loose the accel, and go with msd packs
            with my salary, ill wait until they go bad.

ill prolly pick up some TR55's and install them the same time i do the MSD. thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X