Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egr

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
    You shouldn't, you're wasting money. As for the EGR, yes, you will get better mpg, and if you're in a state that tests emissions, you might want to have that one on there. If you can pass emissions without it, I would just delete the stupid thing. Im personally at my ends with the cheap *** tube that goes from the header to the valve, I have three of them and ALL of them have broken tubes. Just going to delete it myself, deal with having the SES light on all the time.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with knock after removing an EGR, might run slightly hotter, but I have yet to see problems with knock. If you're that worried about it, run midgrade fuel.
    finally some solid advice.

i think i'll get one of those 40$ ones and just get it fixed, if i sell this car i don't want to have to tell them the EGR is broken but try to explain to them why it doesn't really matter..... :rolleyes:

Comment

I think we just pulled up every debatable issue in the (recent) history of CV6. lol. Please, if you have opinions on anything said here that no one wants to hear, please search for egr, or octane, or whatever and find someone who agrees with you so you can feel better about your self. Please no randomly threading arguing here

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
        I think we just pulled up every debatable issue in the (recent) history of CV6. lol. Please, if you have opinions on anything said here that no one wants to hear, please search for egr, or octane, or whatever and find someone who agrees with you so you can feel better about your self. Please no randomly threading arguing here
        don't be upset. :tdown:

Comment

Stop the damn arguing, getting tired of it.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
            Stop the damn arguing, getting tired of it.

so the EGR gives slightly better mpg, helps your engine run cooler, and keeps your car from throwing codes, that is if it's running properly?

is this all correct?

Comment

max, you're not a noob anymore so I can say it

SEARCH!!!!!! this has been hit 50 million times. I dont mind helping but you've been around lol
              Y87 Package
              MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
              Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
              BONE APPROVED!
              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
              Team Black...TEAM EMO
              sigpic
              Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                so the EGR gives slightly better mpg, helps your engine run cooler, and keeps your car from throwing codes, that is if it's running properly?

is this all correct?
                In a nutshell, yes.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

thanks guys, i'm gonna shell out 40 bucks for the used one.

Comment

it should also be noted that the valves are closed at wot.

so if youre interested in the like 0.1hp increase you get from removing it, its not even necessary.

id only suggest removing it for underhood appearance and simplicity.
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
                      it should also be noted that the valves are closed at wot.

so if youre interested in the like 0.1hp increase you get from removing it, its not even necessary.

id only suggest removing it for underhood appearance and simplicity.
                      good point, thank you notsonic. :tup:

also if i were to sell the car like i said, nobody wants to have to tell them that the EGR is broken but it doesn't really matter blah blah blah.

Comment

yeah I wouldnt use super.. I use a mid grade and the car runs fine. I went to regular when prices jacked up, and my car acted like it was choking on a *---*.. you can use what ever word you like.. premium is a waste of money tho, unless you drive a F-16 to work

Archer
                        MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

sounds good, mid grade it is

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X