HELP finding noise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP finding noise please

Hey,im new here and definitly glad i found this site,iv been hearing a ticking noise from my 97 3.8 firebird and I cannot find where it is coming from,i listened with the end of a screwdriver on the valve cover,oil pan,injectors,and cant seem to find it,it increases with rpms and gets louder when warm,it doesnt sound like its coming from the top or bottom,more like the middle? its on the right side right around the starter from what i can tell , any ideas would be much appreciated,thanks.

Re: HELP finding noise please

yeah i checked that as best i could, but it sounds more like metal clicking/tapping noise than the putter noise of exhaust,i did notice on the exhaust where it bends to meet up with the cat there is a dent in it ,is that supposed to be there?

Comment

lifters?

edit- sounds like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLV7NdtZ5J0
      Last edited by onspeed; 07-18-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

yeah,its not as loud but thats what it sounds like,but should'nt i be able to hear it through the valve cover,it doesnt seem to be coming from there,if that is it does it cost much to fix?

Comment

it's an exhaust leak. check your erg valve, and where it connects to your upper intake and headers.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X