speedo meter gone wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo meter gone wild

hi guys,,for a while now my speed o meter is just going crazy,,,up and down,,,,sometimes it works fine,,,im sure is not the speed sensor because my automatic trans works fine... whats wrong??

Re: speedo meter gone wild

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing View Post
    hi guys,,for a while now my speed o meter is just going crazy,,,up and down,,,,sometimes it works fine,,,im sure is not the speed sensor because my automatic trans works fine... whats wrong??
    happened to my friend. unplug battery. kick car swiftly. wait 30. apologise. plug battery back in.

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
      happened to my friend. unplug battery. kick car swiftly. wait 30. apologise. plug battery back in.
      im so tired of that crazy speedometer that i will add some punches too and i wont aplogise either!!! thanx,,i will do that!!

Comment

Sometimes a wierd speedometer results from alternator problems.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

check your grounds under the hood also, buddy of mine had a problem about like yours and he had a broken ground strap on the drivers side.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

did you notice some voltage-drops when your speedo was going crazy?
            Last edited by Leonard 3.8L; 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM.
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard 3.8L View Post
              did you notice some voltage-drops when your speedo was going crazy?
              you know,,,,when i run my a/c i notice that the pointer goes at the biginning of the red zone,,,on cold start the pointer is very high,the rest of the times it is very close to the red zone,,,i noticed that when my altnator went bad,i had it fixed,then i started to see the very closeniss to the red zone thing..

Comment

Get a voltmeter and check the voltage at the battery terminals while the car is running. it should be somewhere around 14 volts. If it's lower than that, like 13 or less, then you need an alternator. Even 13 is probably too low.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

13.8 is where its supposed to be.
                  Leonard
                  www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...