Need more acceleration out of the hole, 3:42's? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need more acceleration out of the hole, 3:42's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more acceleration out of the hole, 3:42's?

When going (in an automatic) from a 3:08 to a 3:42 ,& I know people here have made the change,what can I expect?I have a '98 Camaro.No mods except a Blackwing A/F,& a Rhino muffler W/dual exhausts,Z28 tips. Will it be a SOTP improvement?Now I can't even peep the tires fom a standing start!Will I be able to smoke 'em?Went with the 3:42 from an anemic standard automatic 2:73 in my C5 & the improvement was pretty good.Should this be my next logical mod for mre bottom end acceleration?
    geocor

go 3.73s!!!!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

4.10, don't look back.

g
      2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

3.73's are the best jump...

4.10's are a bit gas guzzling on the freeway especailly... Unless you don't care about fuel...
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

go 4.10s, if you going to invest ur money in a fast car u can worry about gas

dont be penny wise, and dollar dumb

but if 4.10s are too much for ya then go with 3.73s
          K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

but our cars get out of the hole good (3.42s here)
            its just the hp i'm worried about
            i want some freaking pull at the 30-80mph range
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

4.10s GO!
              \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

i said i wanted some pull! hp! 30-80 mph range
                maybe if your just wanting to get off the line get a higher stall torque converter?

Comment

i still think the 308 to 342 switch is a good choice. i personally wouldnt have wanted to do 410's, i do too much highway driving. 342's have been a nice balance for me.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i love my 3.42s but if i ever have the extra cash i might switch to 3.73s (only if i have more power like a cam,stroker, turbo)

Comment

4.10s pussies
                      \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

the dude has a c5.. why the hell would he want 4.10s? I'm curious as well on what to expect from this? SOTP?
                        ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X