Water in passenger side floor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in passenger side floor.

Has anyone ever had water pool up where the passengers feet are? I had about a half inch of water right under my glove box. It didnt rain the day I found it but it rained the night before (I drove to work and didnt notice it, it would have been everywhere from driving to work if it was from the night before) Im guessing it happened while my car was parked at work (I found it like that when I got out). My car has never leaked before and isnt a piece of crap that leaks everywhere either. I have been using the a/c a lot and my girlfriends dad thinks it might be from that. Is there any type of a/c part near the glove box? I might take it apart to see whats there but I'd rather n ot waste my time if its nothing. Thanks.

Re: Water in passenger side floor.

Heater core. Take a whiff if it's sweet like coolant it's your core. Haven't changed it on a f body but shouldn't be too difficult. I think this just came up with someone else recently too.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

If it's not sweet, my money is on the A/C water drain vent. It gets clogged then the water will flow on to carpet. Some blow it out with compressed air, I've heard others using flexible rod (but with care not to break anything).

Comment

If it's from the door area, I've had water get into the passenger compartment from around the passenger door weatherstripping. I cleaned out the weather striping and made a few extra holes in the bottom so it would drain and haven't had it re-occur since.

Comment

It smelt like rotting water (if that makes sense) and there was a lot of it, it was actually puddling, not just wet carpet. Ill take a look into the a/c.

Comment

I've had (still have) the same problem...Ive gotten to the point that I'm sick of trying to find the damn leak. The heater core is new, I made sure that the hose clamps were tight, blown out the drain for the a/c and it still puddled up. It's definately the a/c though...cuz if I dont use it, theres no puddle. Good luck with your search though.

Comment

its the a/c condensor sweating and not being able to drain as dirt and stuff gets into airbox clogging the drain .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X