Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight adjustment help

I used the search option and tried many searches and couldnt find this

My passenger side headlight is hitting my front fender when down. And since its sagging down when its up it doesnt look as brite(because its tilted down a little). Is there anyway to adjust this...or am i gonna have to replace the whole assembly.

thanks, Sam

Re: headlight adjustment help

This probably isn't much help, but when I had my j-body, the light cover was operated by little servos that would stop when they reached an obstruction like bumper end stops. From what I understand, the setup is similar to the Firebird pop-up lights. I would look to see what bumpers are stopping the light that's working, and see if the other light still has the same stops. I seem to recall a thread where someone had these come off or break and were causing a similar problem.

But like I said, I have a Camaro now, so this is just a hunch based on experience I had with a similar, albeit different, car.

Comment

the headlight, plastic that holds the headlight or the headlight cover or both? the headlight cover and be adjusted any which way you want it...the plastic that holds it can be fiddled around a bit i think...but..if i remember right...you might have to take the cover off to get at it...i guess im not sure what exactly is hitting....more info maybe? but no you should not have to replace the whole assembly...also if the headlight is just not coming up all the way and causing the sagging you can manually turn the headlight motor to use the other side of the gear and see if that helps....

Comment

ok sounds good thnx guys

Comment

Well im pretty sure the previous owner just destroyed it, judging by the scratches on the headlight someone sat on it and stripped a gear or something. There so much play i can move it up and down 4-6 inches and the other side hardly moves. Any idea wats up with that?

also how would i manual turn the motor gear?

Comment

to manually turn the headlight motor gear you have to take the arm that connects the headlight to the motor loose, there is just one nut that holds it on, there are 2 flat sides on the stud that this nut is on, make sure you know which way those are facing, then just take the rubber cover off the top of your headlight motor and spin it either way watching the flat sides of the stud move as you turn it, just go 180 degrees so the flat sides are lined back up then put the arm back on and try your headlights...if one side of the gear was stripped then this should fix your problem, if its still acting up then either both sides of the gear are stripped or its something else. when mine were stripped they'd make that terrible grinding noise when i would turn them off...so maybe you dont have a stripped gear anyways if they arent grinding...that or they are really really stripped. lol. hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X