recommendations for mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations for mods.

i wasnt sure if this should go in here, advanced engine or just in the lounge. so if im wrong, move it.

so my engine started leaking again and isnt driveable. thankfully, i just got my truck running so im not too worried about fixing it right away. i havent dug too much into it yet, but i think i mightve screwed something up doing the intake gaskets. lets say that is the problem and i have to tear it apart again, i was thinking i could take more time with it and save up money and throw some mods in there while i have it apart. so what is some stuff i could do? i dont want to take it apart any more than taking off the lower intake unless i have to. I was thinking higher ratio rockers and porting and polishing but i cant really think of much else. is there anything else i could do or is that all there is without taking more apart?

thanks.

Re: recommendations for mods.

screw it, just pull it all apart, put in some high comp. pistons, a cam, and kick IT!
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

yeah I agree with firebirdkid96 but dont waste money on the port and polish cause you want really see any difference unless you are racing it and if you want to build it up you can do as firebirdkid96 said pistons and a cam but with the pistons you might want to also get the rods as well. But dont just build the top end of the engine without doing the bottom cause you will get more problems after that also

Comment

Is it leaking from the lower intake valley? Did you use the gaskets for the valley and then used GM sealer on it? Thats the only place that I think you could of done wrong. Not putting enough gasket sealer in the valley. If your going to redo it in the future I would suggest: polished TB, port/polished upper/lower intakes and a set of ported/polished heads with new ex./in. valves and Comp 105 springs(so you don't have to worry about the tensioner) , Comp lifters, retainers and Comp pushrods. But if you looking for a total build, forged pistons, L32 rods, cam and double roller timing chain with 130# springs. Of course the ported and polished stuff mentioned before that.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

cool thanks guys. moneys pretty tight right now so i dont know how much im gunna do or when but i wanted to know my options and now i do.

Comment

porting and polishing the intake manifolds are pointless. gains arent even noticeable.

130 springs would completely overdo everything.

what kind of comp lifters are you talking about? solids? hydraulics? roller hydraulics?

the double roller timing chain is also another mod that isn't worth it unless you're running a power adder.
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment