Is it a bad Starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a bad Starter?

mine did the same. took awhile to start. it was my fuel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
      You can check for a bad FPR by pulling the vacuum line, and if there is gas in the line, then it's definitely bad.

do i need any tools to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by FastRidesOnly.com View Post
        do i need any tools to do this?
        Nope, it's just a little rubber line that slides over the little tube out of the FPR. Twist it as you pull, that helps make it a little easier.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

^ I never had a FPR go out on me, since I put a new one on when I rebuilt the engine at 122,000 miles, now I have 165,000 and still running strong. I have had the fuel pump issues but they were striaghtened out. So I would be interested to see if it is the FPR, so I will know if it happens to me in the future. I have had the starter just click before, then try it again and it would start, that is how I know a starter is going out(actually the solenoid on the starter). Please keep us updated on what the fix was, also good luck on finding out whats wrong with it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X