V6 to V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 to V8

Hey i got a 2001 camaro 3.8L and i wanna V8 so can i got with an LS1 or LT1 which one should i go with also what else do i need to change for it

Re: V6 to V8

www.tacreationsusa.com

Comment

You need a few things but it's been discussed a bazillion times so it would be a lot easier to search and compile all the info you need.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

it would be a total waste of time and money to put an lt1 in there

find a 99+ wrecked camaro and drop the front end and computer in

you will get the least hassle by doing that.

Comment

sell the v6 and buy a 1998+ trans am, formula or z28.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Originally posted by grayman View Post
            x2 for what you spend on the swap you could buy a 1998+ ls1 car.

-Y87
            Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8 View Post
              x2 for what you spend on the swap you could buy a 1998+ ls1 car.
              X3, I thought about doing that myself but it's definitely a wayyy better choice to sell your existing car and buy a 98+ car.. It's just too much work to do the swap. It's not just the motor swap, its the wiring harness, computers, suspension, exhaust, tires (bigger block = more weight = different tire weight rating), new rad/hosing etc'.. More money than it's worth dude...

Comment

no one is going to help you because theyll all tell you it costs to much, or its too hard, and to sell your car and get a new one

is it possible, yes.

is it cheaper than buying a new car? it can be.

your best bet is to find a wrecked donor car and have the whole thing with you. just swap everything over part by part. if you try to piece the swap together youll rack up the cost very quickly.

the only thing thats difficult, imo, is any interior wiring. but only because ive never done it i dont know whats involved. you do have to change the cluster over, but i dont know if the harnesses are all the same. either way its just wires.

the one thing i know is difficult is fueling. ls1s have a returnless system where the v6 is a return system. so you need to get fancy there. either use a v8 gas tank or use a corvette fuel rail which is a return style.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Forget about the cost, what's money anyways, it comes, it goes, it's green, nuff said. Drop in a 500hp LS7 and a new trans from GM Performance Parts. You'll still need the donor car for parts and a new gauge cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by grayman View Post
                    I agree

Unless you wanna put in some hybrid motor in the V6 body If you want an LS1 or LT1 just go buy one.

Evenutally I might toss in a Donovan or an LS2 in my car but thats of course if I decide to keep it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X