fast question, fast answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast question, fast answer

hey guys,,,lets say i have a 3.8 and want to swap my 3.4 for the 3.8.......obd 1 to obd 2,wont the plugs of the scanner change??how wil i trouble shoot the codes if the plugs are not the same????

Re: fast question, fast answer

if the car is a 95, then you have an OBD II plug anyway...if not, then cant you just get ahold of an OBD II plug?

Comment

Well if you did a 3.4 to 3.8 swap you'd need to pull the wiring harness and the computers from the doner car anyway. Which means you'd have to pull the OBDII plug in port as well.. I don't see the problem, you're just not understanding the amount of work you're going to need to do to change the engine size. It's A LOT of work, I'd re-think that decision to either modding your 3.4 or if your going to swap put in an LS1 or LT1.

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
        if the car is a 95, then you have an OBD II plug anyway...if not, then cant you just get ahold of an OBD II plug?
        the car is 95,,,so im fine??? just run the wires as if it is the same car?? no need to go under the dash???

Comment

Tim's right. You have an OBD II plug, but if youre going to swap the motor, you might as well put in the plug from that wiring harness...the OBD port will be a tidbit of your wiring worries...either way, you'll need to mess with the plug, now that i think of it. If you use the 3.8's plug...you'll have to...and if you use yours, you'll have to get the the back of it, run the wires in and wire the plug up. just swap it all out.

Comment

that plug,is straight from the pcm to under the dash??? or it has to go to the fuse box and so on until it reaches under the steeringwheel??

Comment

Part of it goes to the PCM, part goes to the fusebox and elsewhere.
              -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Part of it goes to the PCM, part goes to the fusebox and elsewhere.
                swapping engine is no easy task,,,,,better if a buy it rather than swap it!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X