bouncing car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bouncing car

ok, this is weird....I first noticed it at the track and now I noticed it again tonight getting onto the highway....If you floor the car going into both 2nd, and 3rd (a4) the car starts bouncing up and down, not shaking, but feels like it is literally bouncing....

any idea what this might be, or what my cause it?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: bouncing car

Possibly a trans mount; not the car bouncing, but the transmission underneath bouncing and hitting the floorboard, making it feel like the whole car is bouncing.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I'd take a look at your shocks first.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I had the tranny mount checked right before I went to the track and its fine....brand new KYB adj shocks just put in about 2-3 months ago....it doesnt do it all the time

but it actually feels as if someone is rocking the car back and forth as she approaches redline and through the shift....I thought about wheel hop, but I've felt wheel hop before and the whole car shakes violently, this is more bouncy....

Comment

inspect your shock mounts. I had to replace minee, made for a very bouncy ride up front. almost scary at speeds past 45.
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

do we have rear shock mounts? I know the fronts should be ok cause I bought brand new ones for upfront when I had the shocks done, cause I new they would probably break...cars a 96 lol....

Comment

We have rubber spacers in back.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You said they are adjustable shocks? Perhaps they're set too soft in the rear?
                -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  We have rubber spacers in back.
                  how can I check those rubber spacers?

You said they are adjustable shocks? Perhaps they're set too soft in the rear?
                  Thats what I thought when it happened at the track, but now they are pretty firm and it happens sometimes on a spirited run getting back onto the highway...so thats ruled out

You think tire pressure could cause it?....I let out alot of air from the tires at the track, and I only brought it back up to 33psi...not sure what it was at before though....

Comment

Tire pressure could cause something like that, but at 33psi you're fine there. I would try playing with the adjusments on the shocks (front and rear) and see if it makes any difference. Start by going to extremes and see what it does (as stiff or soft as possible) then work from there.

Also check your bushings on all your suspension components.

Comment

The shocks are on the setting I had them on before I went to the track and never had a problem....Im gunna check the bushings in the morning...I know I have new LCA and rear sway bar bushings, what other bushings are there?

Im also gunna play around with some tire pressure a bit

on a side note, I had a cutout installed right before I went to the track....I dont suppose I may just be noticing the difference of a harsher ride?...seems kinda farfetched for me, but I suppose a possiblity?

Comment

my car does this also.. just started not too long ago and i cant figure out the problem.

see if it does it at a specific RPM mine seems to do it around 2000 rpm in any gear

its not a vibration but an actual bouncing, trans mount is ok, and i have the stock shocks, i was was about to make this same thread.

Comment

mines close to when the A4 shifts under WOT, so in the 5000 rpm range she starts going....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X