Water leaking passenger side, think its the AC. Where is the drain? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water leaking passenger side, think its the AC. Where is the drain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking passenger side, think its the AC. Where is the drain?

Hi All,
    Yesterday while driving (AC on all day) I took a right turn and my girlfriend said some water dripped onto her legs. Had her drive around the block and sure enough as soon as we go up a hill and take a right turn more water dripped out onto to passenger rug. I pulled off the panel under the glove box felt around and it was wet. The water was cold and didnt seem oily so I assume it is from the AC and the drain plug for the AC must be plugged. Can someone tell me how to unclog it (without getitng under the car it possible). Where is the location I can blow some air through to unclog it and where is the tube underneath if I have to get under? I tried a search but couldnt find a post that showed the location of where to blow it out or where the drain is underneath. Thanks in advance!

And yes I realize my forum name is missing a R :mad:

Thanks!
    Eddie
    Last edited by camaoz06; 08-04-2008, 12:05 PM.

Re: Water leaking passenger side, think its the AC. Where is the drain?

You'd have to get under the car to reach the a/c drain. There is a small (maybe 1/4"?) hole on the bottom of the HVAC box (the big plastic box sticking through the firewall on the pass side). There is no tube or anything coming off of it, just the hole.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X