Car lacks acceleration "oomph"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car lacks acceleration "oomph"

I've recently noticed that my Camaro seems to lack any oomph when I accelerate. When I got the car I could do a respectable burnout just by jabbing the gas pedal. But now it seems like something is holding it back. I cant even get it to peel out by power braking or shifting to first. The only changes I have made to the drive train itself is a CAI and aluminum drive shaft. Now it's not like I lost all power. I have a good amount of power in the upper RPM's, so it only seems to be a problem from 0-2500rpm.

I am going to try removing my CAI tomorrow to eliminate it from the possible causes.

Any idea's as to what is causing this?

Re: Car lacks acceleration "oomph"

Maybe a plugged exhaust.

Comment

If it is a plugged exhaust it would have to be after the cat since that was replaced this past February. May be a good reason to finally install my Magnaflow exhaust that's sitting in my basement.

Comment

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=GLF

problem solved

Comment

but serously probably a simple fix would be injector cleaner maf cleaner and throttle body cleaner that always adds a little pep to the step

Comment

Originally posted by jrocstar View Post
            If your problem is restricted exhaust, this would probably make it worse. :naughty: My exhaust is fine, so please ship this item to me.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

mine stopped doing a burnout by jabbing the gas pedal when i removed my catylac converter. theres no back pressure now.

Comment

problem: v6

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
                  I've recently noticed that my Camaro seems to lack any oomph when I accelerate. When I got the car I could do a respectable burnout just by jabbing the gas pedal. But now it seems like something is holding it back. I cant even get it to peel out by power braking or shifting to first. The only changes I have made to the drive train itself is a CAI and aluminum drive shaft. Now it's not like I lost all power. I have a good amount of power in the upper RPM's, so it only seems to be a problem from 0-2500rpm.

I am going to try removing my CAI tomorrow to eliminate it from the possible causes.

Any idea's as to what is causing this?
                  Try doing a basic tune up first, maybe something as simple as that. If you've done that then get to advanced testing and tuneup. If it was and it's not now, then it still can you just have to figure out what changed.

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
                  If your problem is restricted exhaust, this would probably make it worse. :naughty: My exhaust is fine, so please ship this item to me.
                  Ditto

Originally posted by FastRidesOnly.com View Post
                  mine stopped doing a burnout by jabbing the gas pedal when i removed my catylac converter. theres no back pressure now.
                  :spank: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=77275 Why does everyone keep talking about backpressure?

Originally posted by onspeed View Post
                  problem: v6

Wrong answer. Suck less.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Is it because you're running your AC in these warmer months?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

No, I haven't used AC at all this summer.

Unless the compressor is engaged even though the dial is on off I doubt that would be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
                        No, I haven't used AC at all this summer.

Unless the compressor is engaged even though the dial is on off I doubt that would be the problem.
                        I had that happen on one of my old cars. Easy enough to check, turn ac on, pop hood, see if pulley is turning. If not bingo, my guess would be that you would be getting a squealing sound though.
                        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

...maybe you finally wore down your tires to the point where that doesn't happen anymore...

Comment

My car has an acceleration problem, but i'm sure that is the tranny in mine, is an auto and it starts in second gear, the only way it gets to 1st gear is when it reachs full operating temp and the ATF is black, not greyish, black, 210,xxx miles on my car, the engine runs very strong for its age (3.4), almost perfect but lacks af acceleration because of the tranny, the car start moving when it reachs 1500 RPM, no problem in the upper range but it feels like something like a trailer is holding it back when accelerates, and when i put the shifter in 1st it feel like the handbrake is on, the point, check your trans.

Comment

Maybe get a trans fluid change?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X