weird noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird noise

Ok so im going to try and make this as short as possible.

Started noticeing this noise soon after the cam install and it seems to have gotten a little worse over time. Orginally thought it was just some kind of rattle. at idle this rattling (or whatever u wanna call it) causes it to have 6 degrees of knock, but as soon as i tap the gas it goes away. I even thought it was a pulley rattling but quickly realized its not by removing the belt and cranking it. took it to the shop and he thought it was something under the timing cover. He took it apart and all was good under their (tensioner, chain, etc). He then basically told me he "had no idea" so i brought it home instead of paying him to get it wrong again. so if you dont care take a listen and let me know what u think. i orignally thought it was comming from the front of the motor but after watching the vid it seems to be comming from the passengers side more. thanks for any help in advance.

recap of whats been checked.
    pulleys, timing chain, and tensioner, heat sheilds and etc. for rattling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNL_sL6Oxg

Re: weird noise

Hmmm sound quality wasn't all that, live would have been better but from Barbados to the US is not a short distance for a live sound so just a quick question does pressing the clutch in or out make a diiference? Next thing does your engine have an Oil Pump Drive like the 3.4? if so checking there would probably be a help it takes the drive from the Camshaft and Transfer it to the Oil Pump via a shaft.
    Hope I was of some help and keep me up to date on what was the outcome.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X