Help w/ SES light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ SES light

How do I find my codes for why the SES light is on? There is an autozone about 20 mins away and i heard they can get your codes for free! PLMK
    thanks

also, once i get some codes, should I Just post here to find out the probelms?

:D
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Let autozone scan the codes, write the numbers back and then come back here and post them, many members have lists or access to look up the codes, they are in the chiltons manual, which is what i look them up in. Autozone has a very generic and incomplete list of ODB-II codes.

We can offer you more suggestions on what could be wrong, the store will just try to sell you more parts.
    Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

Is it free?
      Do I just walk in and go up to the counter and ask them to scan the codes?

thanks
      seems like a good deal if true!
      *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

yeah its free, just ask them to scan your ODB II codes.

they do it with the hopes that something will be wrong, and will try to sell you the replacement parts.
        Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

weird cuz my SES light comes on, and they tried to codes but they said my odbII wasnt hooked up right or something
          Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

Autozone also has the number codes in their computer.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X