throttle cable sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle cable sticking

about a week agao I took my throttle body apart and cleaned and painted it. now my gas pedal sticks every time you start the car up, I cleaned and check all around the spring and bump stop and can find whats wrong...any help would be great

Re: throttle cable sticking

Did you put your TPS sensor in right? I would check that first, you have to put it in the rotate it towards you, then put the bolts in.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

as far as I know it's in right and it's new, so is the MAF, MAP, that was the main reason I cleaned it, keep throwing p0102, p0107 and p0122. no more codes but sticky cable

Comment

If you just put it in without turning the TPS sensor towards you it is in wrong and you rpms will stay high until it is in right or your linkage is messed up.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

rpm's are normal, when I put the tps in I had to turn it up towards the hood to get it to line back up.

Comment

I'd say it's the cable needing lube. Mine does the same, just one time in morning right?

Comment

everytime it sit's a couple of hours it does it. didn't have this problem before

Comment

You might check the IAC? Don't know if you replaced that one or not. If not then spray it down with some brake cleaner or carb cleaner and wipe it down.

Comment

already cleaned it, maybe the next to be replaced

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if it is not one of those or the cable linkage, Do you have a cruise control linkage on your TB hooked up?

Comment

Is it sticking OPEN or CLOSED?
                      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

sticking closed, I have to push it before putting in gear or starting the car, or when it break losse it will try to spin out or jerk real hard.

Comment

Check the adjustment on the throttle blade. If it closes too far it will stick. Also make sure the inside around the throttle blade is clean.
                          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X