camaro won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camaro won't start

I tryed to install my power antenna this morning and after that my car wouldn't start but the radio comes on and everything else works the signal lights but car won't start I also tryed getting a jump and that wasn't the problem what could be the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated asap I personally think its a fuse because what I did was try to hook it up to my car amplifier but thats not working now so basically everything works but the 2 12s and the car wont start.I looked at the battery gauge and it stays to 0. I would also like to add when I crank up the car the car complety shuts off

[ September 03, 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: eric head ]
    eric head

If it shuts off right at the start, you may want to recheck your battery connection.
    Either a loose connection at the battery or poor corroded terminals will cause your shut off condition.
    Start by cleaning thoroughly & retighten them terminals.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

thanks for the advice man but this is from my dumb butt trying to install my power antenna to my car cause everything was working perfect till I tryed this dumb project that I truthfully had no idea what I was doing.Everything in the car still works like the signal lights windshield wipers but when I try to crank up the car I don't hear no sound at all. Its also a new battery I hope its a fuse or something minor I will be sure to never to attempt to do anything like this ever again especially since I got the advice from somebody on this board but any suggestions will be appreciated
      eric head

Comment

maybe you blew a fuse?

Comment

you mean to tell me a fuse will stop my car from starting I hope so cause Im gonna check this out this morning and if thats the problem Im gonna go straight to o reilly
          eric head

Comment

I have to agree with Alex. Check the battery connections. Not only did you state that the car won't start but the amp is also dead and your battery gauge is sitting at 0. An amplifier gets a small trigger signal from the radio but the bulk of its power comes directly from the battery. The starter also has a cable that goes directly to the positive side of the battery. The gauge reads directly from the battery. Since all these components as far as I can tell failed at the same time I have a hard time believing it is a fuse. That's my 2 cents.... you seem pretty dead set against checking the connections but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

It does not matter if you messed with the connection or not. Car problems can sometimes be coincidental. You can also rest assured that if the connection is bad enough at the battery a jump start won't help it.

One other thing. Please don't blame a failed attempt on the fact that you got the advice from someone on this board. You stated that you did not know what you were doing yet it somehow went wrong because you got the advice from someone here? Making statements like that is a sure fire way to get ignored by people when you ask for advice.

Comment

i blew a fuse taking my programmer out, it was a small red starter fuse.. stopped my car from starting up.. it was one thats under the hood..

Car would click when i turned the key, the starter got juice but couldnt turn over.

check it out.. might be ur problem.
              brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

i blew tcs bat fuse, whatever the hell that was.
                (this does not help your sitiation)
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X