Sway bars and Jackstands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway bars and Jackstands

To replace sway bars, it is recomended to raise the car on jack stands. I have a phobia to be under the car with those things. I feel safer if I use ramps. Can I used them to replace sway bars, and possible the panhard rod?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Sway bars and Jackstands

you can change the rear without even raising the car at all and if you are skinny enough you can do the front's without raising the car either it's just easier with it in the air because there is more room.
    Either way you don't want to tighten everything down until the car's weight is on the suspension, this is really important to ensuring you don't put anything in a bind.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Mmmmmm... maybe. There's no tension on them. Might be a bear to get to them and get them to line up. Can't say for sure though.

Originally posted by black98V6 View Post
      you don't want to tighten everything down until the car's weight is on the suspension, this is really important to ensuring you don't put anything in a bind.
      yup yup...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6 View Post
        you can change the rear without even raising the car at all and if you are skinny enough you can do the front's without raising the car either it's just easier with it in the air because there is more room.
        Either way you don't want to tighten everything down until the car's weight is on the suspension, this is really important to ensuring you don't put anything in a bind.
        Well I have tried to get under but the problem is that the car has OEM ground effects. I am skinny but I do not fit under without my ramps.
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X