A/C high and low side pressures for our cars - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/C high and low side pressures for our cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C high and low side pressures for our cars

I am going to have to do some AC work on the car this weekend but I don't know what the specs are for our cars.
    Does anyone know what the high and low side pressures should be?

What is the capacity of our AC systems, IE how much freon should it hold when filing from a vacuum?
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Re: A/C high and low side pressures for our cars

Maybe I can help ya out here. But first why not have a shop hook a a/c machine up to it and do it for you? Here are some specs:

Air Conditioning System R-134a Charge Capacity
    3800 VIN K 0.74 kg (1.63 lb.)

Compressor systems require 240 ml (8 fluid ounces) of polyalkylene glycol (PAG) synthetic refrigerant oil (GM P/N 12345923 or equivalent). During component replacement and conditions stated, new oil quantities should be added to the system as follows:

* Compressor replaced.
    * If less than 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) is drained, add 60 ml (2 fluid ounces).
    * If more than 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) is drained, add same amount.
    * Receiver and dehydrator/accumulator replaced.
    * Add 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) more than what was drained from old receiver and dehydrator/accumulator.
    * Evaporator replaced.
    * Add 90 ml (3 fluid ounces) oil.
    * Condenser replaced.
    * Add 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) oil.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: A/C high and low side pressures for our cars

thanks, actually I figured out once I hooked the gauges to the system that everything was good, with it running (after a charge) I was showing around 40psi on the low side it would ramp up past 250 on the high side and the fans would kick in to drop it down quickly it also equalized very quickly after shutting the compressor off so I know I'm good everywhere but figuring out where my leak is.

I hate taking my car into the local places because I have yet to find one that isn't full of crap or talking out of their azz.

I'm now down to trying to locate the leak.

I'm thinking I might have to at least bring it to a shop for that as my harbor freight leak detector is a little flaky.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X