a/c low side valve leak? where to get cap - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a/c low side valve leak? where to get cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c low side valve leak? where to get cap

i use my a/c maybe twice a year. a few days ago was one of those days. i always pride myself in that "yeah, my a/c works." so i was pretty disappointed to find it didn't.

it wasnt cold, but the compressor would engage and spin fine, so it wasnt soo low that theres a significant leak.

i refilled it with some of that high mileage stuff with the stop leak.

when i was done filling it i noticed some puddled up in the valve, and it was bubbling, which lead me to assume that the valve is leaking slightly.

its never had a cap on it for as long as ive had the car.

so my question:

is it possible to repair the valve? is that a costly endeavor?

where can i get a cap?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Re: a/c low side valve leak? where to get cap

you can buy new inserts.. they should work just like a bike tire

if you you will need to replace the dryer

if the compressor is engaging, i suspect that it is NOT because of low freon.. unless you drive an older car where it will turn off and on when there is low pressure in the system

Comment

i realized i never mentioned that from adding the stuff, it did get colder. i was just assuming it was like my jeeps where it wouldnt engage if its low. dunno.

anyway. it is cold but id like to get that leak fixed.

why would the dryer need to be replaced?

the system should be properly evacuated in order to install the valve right?

i checked around and i still cant find a cap :[
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
        i realized i never mentioned that from adding the stuff, it did get colder. i was just assuming it was like my jeeps where it wouldnt engage if its low. dunno.

anyway. it is cold but id like to get that leak fixed.

why would the dryer need to be replaced?

the system should be properly evacuated in order to install the valve right?

i checked around and i still cant find a cap :[
        the cap isnt really important, but if you cant fix the leak at your dryer you will have to replace it

Comment

Usually after a charge you will see a little bubbling around the fitting. The refridgerant will bubble like that by itself when exposed to open air, so it's not necessarily a sign of a leak. Either wait a while and check again or rinse the area off and see if there are any more bubbles.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

you can get the caps at NAPA I know for sure because I had to get one yesterday, also if you notice it bubbling, take your key and open the valve for a split second and let off, sometime the valves will stick. I had the EXACT same thing happen after charging mine yesterday. Also those caps have O-rings in them and they actually can help.
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X