fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog lights

I got my auto-optiks ultrawhite fogs in the mail today (finally). i can't get them to twist all the way in the spot, but firm enough to where i doubt they would fall out of the socket. only problem is, one of the lights only works when the tip is touching a piece of metal?! what does this mean? is it a bad light?

Try re-using the old gaskets from the old bulbs =) That usually works.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

thanks card, using the old gaskets make them fit right. i figured that ground was what was wrong with the other bulb, so i inspected the connections and noticed a sever of one of the two metal connections. gonna go try and sauder the connection together, tried some electrical tape but wasn't holding it good, and the heat is a little too strong for the tape anyway, lol

Comment

i dont have fog lights on my car, i have the holes were they would go..

were would i get the fog lights and how hard is it to install them with wiring? should i refer to a professional or can i do it myself..

i would apreciate any feedback
        97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

nycalid on the 97 bird there a pain in the *** to do but you can definetly do them yourself, i just finished mine yesterday. Using OEM fog brackets and aftermarket fog-lights
          <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

what did it run you ? with parts and installation?
            97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

well my car came with fogs so I allready had the brackets, I bought some foglights at DAP for like $20 and install was myself so $0

-defrag
              <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nyclaidback:
                i dont have fog lights on my car, i have the holes were they would go..

were would i get the fog lights and how hard is it to install them with wiring? should i refer to a professional or can i do it myself..

i would apreciate any feedback
                <hr></blockquote>
                If you're worried about wiring, just hardwire them to the low beam. Factory lights have a switch in the dash, but I never use it.
                \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X