Help!!! overheating issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! overheating issue...

I was sitting in traffic a couple of weeks ago when my car started overheating..got off as soon as i could, immediately stopped driving the car and took it to my buddy who is a mechanic, where we found a leak in the water pump. Replaced that, took it back, had him top off the coolant and it ran good for about a week then a hose blew apart on my way to work one day, opened up my hood and coolant was all over my engine..I fixed the hose, took it back to him and had him top it off again.

The car is still overheating though, so I replaced the thermo, and try to bleed the system..all im getting is steam though, no coolant at all! I sat there for a good 20-30 minutes even took the bleed screw off and steam was just shooting out the thing, burning off coolant. Anyone had similar problems? I can also hear when i turn the car off the coolant bubbling and boiling in the front of the engine bay, I believe in the radiator..it seems to not be circulating? Help!
    <b>Red 96 3.8 Liter Camaro</b><br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />2 12\" Pioneer Subs in a custom box<br />900 Watt Rockford Fosgate<br />Kenwood Deck<br />new engine at 102k!<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red38fbod96\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red38fbod96</a>

Re: Help!!! overheating issue...

flush the coolant maybe.

if your hose blew you could have pressure because of a restriction somewhere, but thats just a guess.

Comment

Re: Help!!! overheating issue...

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
      flush the coolant maybe.

if your hose blew you could have pressure because of a restriction somewhere, but thats just a guess.
      I agree with that. Back flush that radiator and cooling system. Sounds like you've got something clogged up. Also I would replace the radiator cap, it's your pressure relief valve.

As far as bleeding goes, I bleed my 3.8 Impala when it's cold, not warm. The Imp is a transverse engine, so maybe it's different... I fill it up, with the bleed screw off until coolant comes out, then close the bleed valve. Start it up with the cap off and add coolant as necessary. Let it cool down, repeat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X