Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window seals

Hi,

My windows seals (the one that seal the window to the top) seem to be coming off. I've tried to put them back in place but it looks like they have shrunk. They are also coming off on the side of the B-pillar. I have some aerospace glue for seals that is used to glue doors seals on helicopters and was wondering if that could be used to glue it back in place. Maybe even heat up the seals with a heat-gun to try and stretch the seals back in place. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you.
    Got rice?

I forgot to say that it's a 96 RS without t-tops. And also pictures can be provided for better understanding.
    Got rice?

Comment

If they actually did shrink, maybe you should just get new ones. Car's 9 years old, they may be about at the end of their life anyway. You won't regret getting new ones, but you may regret trying to fix the old ones if they die on you anyway.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Do you know a good place where i can get some new ones? In canada preferably.
        Got rice?

Comment

Speaking of windows...i have a 99 rs..hence the name..lol...anyways...ive had it just under a year and about 2 months after i bought it, my driver side power window motor went out...so i got a new one and all was fine....until yesterday..it went out agian...its at the shop right now....i was curious if anyone else has this problem with their camaro's....the guy at the shop told me he had the same problem on another camaro 2 days before i brought mine in...
          i asked what the main problem was why this happens, and he said the stock power window drivers side motor is to undersized for the windows...our windows on each door are not the smallest...just a quick question..thanks
          \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax:
            Thank you for the advice. Do you know a good place where i can get some new ones? In canada preferably.
            try www.gmpartsdirect.com
            check the catalgue for the part number
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Thank you but i finally got them to slip back in place with a putty knife.
              Got rice?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X