160 amp Altenator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160 amp Altenator

I'm looking at an Mr. Altnator , altenator from Afterhoughts Auto. Its rated at 160amps, and I believe the stock is 105amps. I'm also getting a red tope Optima bat. Would this altenator benifit my car any. I do not have a sound system in my car or any other elctrical mods besides the gauge pod.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

unless you're drawing more current than the stocker can produce (which it sounds like you're not), a bigger alternator will provide no benefit to you whatsoever.
    If you're not exceeding your current capacity, there is no need to increase the capacity.
    1995 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Check out my other ride. <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732\" target=\"_blank\">www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732</a>

Comment

but yet, no drawbacks for going overboard?
      (wont drain the battery too much or something)?
      except a little extra price of a better alt?
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I was just thinking of a bigger alt. because i notice at night when i have accessroreis running with my lights etc. When I hit the breaks on occassion my light dim out real quick and my bat gauge drops. Ive had the alt. changed from my warranty and that didnt help. So thats prob not the problem. Its either the bat. itself or in the wiring some where.
        01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
        AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
        www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
        www.vaperz.com
        PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Do a search for the "Big 3". Do that and it should take care of your voltage issues.
          1995 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Check out my other ride. <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732\" target=\"_blank\">www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X