help! terrible fuel smell!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! terrible fuel smell!!!

I have developed this awful fuel smell in my car when I am stopped. I have not seen any fuel leak anywhere and I have run my hands the length of the fuel lines and have noticed nothing. Any suggestions?
    Ron<br /><br />Green 95 Firebird 3.4 M5<br />Plugs, wires, wheels, tires<br />Homemade CAI

fuel pressure regulator? When you say stoped,,,do you mean when the car is off?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

no, when I come to a stop on the street the smell intensifies but seems to blow away when I get moving again. When I turn the car off, I can still smell it for a time, but then goes away. Burning too lean? or evap canister? Is that something I can easily change? Haynes manual doesn't help much with that.
      Ron<br /><br />Green 95 Firebird 3.4 M5<br />Plugs, wires, wheels, tires<br />Homemade CAI

Comment

you probably have an evap leak. do you have a code?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

not throwing a code, how hard to change the evap can?

Comment

That happend to me before. It was a combo of fill-up spill around the tank, and the cap being loose.

I just washed it, and it went away.

Maybe?

Comment

In my world, things don't work out like that. I'm gonna check on all of these suggestions in the morning, but I have an appt at my favorite crook this weekend to get it looked at. We'll see.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X