Dumb mirror question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb mirror question

My passenger side mirror seems to be stuck in position. I don't have electric mirrors and I don't think there is an interior adjustment knob like on the driver side. I tried to pry it my fingers but it won't move at all. I don't want to break it, so i was wondering if there is a way of disassembling the mirror to see if something is broken inside.
    Got rice?

I don't think it is something broken. I think if anything you've got a few pieces rusted together. My mirror is also extremely stubborn. I can move it but I don't like to because it is so stiff.

When my driver's side mirror broke (one of the cables broke away from the plastic mirror backing) I tried taking it apart and there was just no way to get the assembly out without taking the mirror glass off which is just a big PITA. I was hoping to reuse the housing and just swap the internals from a new one so I didn't have to get it repainted but no dice. I am assuming the passenger side is the same story.

Comment

I see. Thank you for your response. I was trying to save the mirror cause it's in great condition and my car is red and I noticed that red is a really tough color to match exactly.
      Got rice?

Comment

On the camaros without power mirrors the passenger is supossed to be adjusted once. You are supossed to set it to how you like it and leave it. Obviuosly you will have to change it sometimes (like when you sell the car) but it isnt supossed to be toyed with much. I learned that from a parts guy at a gm store.
        There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

get z28 mirrors
          no need to have them painted
          millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X