Non-AC belt on an AC car (99 3.8L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-AC belt on an AC car (99 3.8L)

My 99 with AC is having an issue with the AC compressor, it's dying and I don't have time to fix it before a long trip next week. If it fails, it may freeze up (worst case) and fry my belt leaving me stranded. My thought was to bring a shorter non-AC belt with me to get me home if this happens. Does anybody have the belt diagram for the 3.8L W/O AC? Is the routing through the other components the same?
    1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

start at the alternator, go straight to the power steering, around the crank, and then inside the water pump pulley. its 62 inches long. go to advance its like 16 bucks.
    96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Is it a standard Camaro part, or is it a part number from something else? Worse case I get one 62". Thanks again.

Comment

Why don't you just not use the A/C and then you won't have to worry about it freezing up.
        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Good point....but unless it's totally broken try explaining to your girlfriend that you have to spend 4 hours in a car with open windows. The AC still works and it may last a while longer. Either way, the likelyhood of it freezing is small, the clutch will probably disengage. I just want a backup so I don't get reamed at a place out of town for a grand to fix my AC. With the tensioner still there, it looks like a 61.5" or 62" belt will fit just so I can get home and fix the compressor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X