A couple strange problems and questions. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple strange problems and questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple strange problems and questions.

1997 Camaro 3.8 130k miles

1. If I pump my brakes while the car is idling it starts chugging,idle goes up and down, and feels like it misfires. Is there any reason why pumping the brakes would cause my car to do this?

2. There is a clicking/snapping sound that comes from underneath the car when taking off. It can be heard when shifting into low gears like 1st and 2nd along with taking off from the a stop. Sounds like its coming from underneath the middle or back area of the car. The sound seems to be inconsistant and is getting worse over time.

3. Very hot air seems to be blowing down on my feet when driving. Its almost like the heat is on with the floor heat selected..but its not.

4. What is the best brand of spark plug wires and coil packs for the 1997 3.8?

5. Are Monroe shocks any good? I put them on my rear when I did the rear swap. The rearend suspension feels a little weak and sloppy. I need new front shocks and am not sure what to buy.

Re: A couple strange problems and questions.

I only have a suggestion for your first problem. Check the brake booster line to make sure the hose is secure and not cracked or split.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Re: A couple strange problems and questions.

2. check your torque arm mount/bushing
      3. blower switch or mode actuator
      4. msd wires and stock coils, gm did it right when they designed the coils
      5. monroe sucks, bilsteins for the back but the fronts arent available anymore or koni adjustable's on all four corners
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X