Car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car won't start

It's really wried first of all it's not my camaro it's my mom's van a 98 windstar and it won't start at all. The starter spins around but that's it nothing else It sounds like the starters not catching and it's just going round it as a lot of miles on it about 175,000 but I want to get it going so I don't have to drive her in my car. Again Nothing but the starter is turning over could it be the timing belt? Well hope this makes sence.

thanks

Re: Car won't start

Originally posted by Camaro98 JL View Post
    I want to get it going so I don't have to drive her in my car.
    :slap:

respect yo birth giver.

Comment

well you say the starter is just spinning and not catching, so it has nothing to do with the timing belt

or are you trying to say the starter is turning the engine over, but the engine isnt starting?

Comment

Sounds like the starter's pinion gear is not doing it's thing to engage the ring gear on the flywheel, or there are a couple of teeth missing on the flywheel (less likely IMHO). If it was me, I'd pop that starter out and have it tested.

Comment

I'm not sure on 98's....
          but

My friends 94-95 mustang has a fuel cut off switch in the trunk. A red button, that will stop fuel to the engine if the car is bumped or dropped.

His was tucked underneath some carpeting in the back.
          I'd say look in the owners manuel for this, or just go hunting for it.

IIRC this was a mid 90's ford-mazda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
            :slap:

respect yo birth giver.
            OH I Respect my brith giver no doubt and she knows I do thats not the point but I do want her to have her car back for example I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to drive her to meet up with a friend. It's not a big deal and I don't mind doing it for her.

Originally posted by landj View Post
            Sounds like the starter's pinion gear is not doing it's thing to engage the ring gear on the flywheel, or there are a couple of teeth missing on the flywheel (less likely IMHO). If it was me, I'd pop that starter out and have it tested.
            Yeah I think you got it it is being tested tomrrow and I also think that is the probelm the mehcanic who my dad called on the phone said it could be the timing belt thought I'd throw it out there. but thanks guys it should be up shortly:)

Comment

either starter not engaging or like someone else said red little button in the trunk. Had the same problem on my ford, starter would spin and nothing happened, clicked the button and it worked. If the car got hit or zapped by anything it will trip the switch.
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X