Free and best bang-for-the-buck 3.4 mods? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free and best bang-for-the-buck 3.4 mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free and best bang-for-the-buck 3.4 mods?

I have a friend with a 94 V6 Camaro and she wants to make it faster but dosen't have a whole lot of cash to do it with. I told her I'd do the work on it and try to find some good first mods for it as long as I got to take it to the track when I was done so this brings me here.

I have already done free ram air with a K&N filter and throttle body bypass. I drove it afterwards and it did pick up a little seat of the pants power.

Any suggestions of what else I could do to it?
    Thanks

Brandon

Oh, don't ask about the @ sign at the end of my name, I don't know how it got there either.

exhaust, driveshaft, gears are probably the cheapest.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

i would say go with the 3" catback

if its a manual, get a shorter throw shifter, this will help acceleration and shifting

if its an auto, jet performance chip

gears are ok i guess..if its an auto, you are better off getting a torque converter, posi is a good cheap mod, around 200.00, it'll give you more power to the ground, aluminum driveshaft yes...

i think thats all i can think of right now.

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
      Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
      West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

A cold air kit plus a higher flowing exhaust will really perk up her 3.4. I've only done these with the addition of a Hypertech power programmer and my car feels stronger at 130,000 than it did brand new. I don't have any actual numbers such as a dyno or timeslips. There nothing in my area that does either of those. :(

I only had a high flow muffler installed for around $80. A true cat-back would make better gains.

Look around for a K&N FIPK used on this board or ebay. I had a K&N drop in for years with a modified airbox and didn't notice any gains.

In my opinion, nearly all of the "free" mods are not worth the hassle. They might add a few horses on a V8 but our v6's will hardly notice the difference.

Hope this helps. Good luck. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

IF she hasn't ahd a tune upt do plugs and wires... take her coils off, and clean up the points, maybe test the to see if they are still good.

Its a dirty mod but free, and will help.

If she still has her stock CAT or at least a really freaking old one.

Climb under cr, get two wrenches, behind the CAT, there is a flange type clamp, unhook it the 2 bolts, pull them apart, and move the exhaust to the side.

Exhaust will clank, but I doubt you will be able to help it, this mod picked me up a good .3-.4 over my stock i-pipe and flowmaster.

Also if you look, some peopel are giving away free z28 catbacks, I got mine free, cost abotu $90 to have a shop install that, and do some custom stuff I wanted extra, sounds really mean, but mellow that it doesn't give you a headache like a cutout or extremetly loud exhasut would.

I also would say with a highflow cat, significant gains over my 2.25 in. i-pipe and flowmaster muffler.

Should get her to post here, maybe get her some ideas...

Also if you, her, or pretty much anyone has a question go ahead and IM me,my screename is in the sig. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I recommend what everyone's saying here and go check out http://www.fbodytrader.com You should be able to find some decent used parts there for next to nothing!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X