Bad oil pressure with overheating problems - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad oil pressure with overheating problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad oil pressure with overheating problems

Hi guys. I'm having issues with my 3.4 Camaro. I've noticed lately that when I take off from idle, the oil pressure shows an increase to around 40 psi or just over through all gears. But, even at 3-4000 rpms, never gets above 50 psi. Also, while I'm cruising at highway speeds, around 2500 rpms, the oil pressure shows steady, but if I increase rpms, pressure drops until rpms level out instead of rising with rpms. Signs of oil pump going out maybe? Anyone have any suggestions? Also, in stop and go driving I'm overheating with a/c on and noticed my cooling fan isn't coming on when it's supposed to. Does the fan play that significant of a role in the cooling system or would I have a clogged core or something?

My oil pressure stays at 42lb all the time except at idle when in drops to around 25-30lb. I have 108,000 miles and this is pretty normal pressure.
    The fan should kick on with the ac.

Comment

The cooling fan is a very important part of the cooling system. Do the fans come on when you start the AC? If so, maybe there's a sensor or relay on the cooling side that's faulty. If they don't come on at all, you can jump the fans to the battery to see if they run. if they don't, then the fans are bad. if they do, then you have to explore further, like wiring, relays, sensors.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Fans don't come on period so I obviously have issues there. Replacing the motor today to rule that out. Aren't these great cars? 191,000 on a 95 and these are the first problems I'm having. Looking forward to future posts.

Comment

it may not be the motor, check the fan relay....thats what was wrong with mine...the day i got it, overheated at the dmv..o yea!
          --1986 Firebird M5-- TEAM RED

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109812

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X