What's wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong?

When I started up my car this morning I turned it over and just got a clicking. So I look under the hood and wiggle the starter around and it turned over but wouldn't keep an idle so I hit the gas and as soon as I let off it stalled. So I did it again and held the gas down so I could keep an idle at 1.5k then a min or so later I let off the gas and it was fine. Anyone know what it could be?
    It's a 94 3.4 Auto firebird

Re: What's wrong?

fuel pump? fpr? starter?

Comment

Originally posted by 9434ttop View Post
      When I started up my car this morning I turned it over and just got a clicking. So I look under the hood and wiggle the starter around and it turned over but wouldn't keep an idle so I hit the gas and as soon as I let off it stalled. So I did it again and held the gas down so I could keep an idle at 1.5k then a min or so later I let off the gas and it was fine. Anyone know what it could be?
      It's a 94 3.4 Auto firebird
      You shouldn't be able to wiggle the starter. You may have a loose/corroded terminal or a weak battery. You probably got some condensation that needed burned off and that's why it smoothed out after a minute. I'd check out the battery connections making sure they are clean and tight and if they already are then I'd start thinking about replacing the battery. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Yeah definitely check for loose connections and corrosion at all the terminals. In a moment of idiocy last year I replaced a starter on another car only to find that it was just corrosion on the battery terminals. That was an expensive lesson.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X