p0300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0300

im literaly about to sell the my car or give it away on top of it overheating now i got the random cylinder missfire i cant find the problem spark plugs and cables are in good shape i had changed the icm that i had from another engines it was workign fine when i took it off. i have not cat. so what can cause the problem?

Re: p0300

Its either a plug, wire, or one of the ignition coils depending on which cylinder it was. When was the last time u changed any of that?
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

i replaced plugs and cable id say about 2 months, but i got another engine so i whent ahead and changed the the lower and upper intake manifolds, icm, coil packs plugs and wires fuel rail with injector to the new one i got. and i wasnt having this problem with this stuff on my other engine. i scaned the pcm got the code p0300 when to autozone for furthere help and this is what the printed for me

the power train control module detected the crankshaft speed and has detected misfire

so then i told the guy what do i do he said i had to replace my angle sensor-crankshaft where the fudge in the world is this sensor located is it the one thats located under the water pump beacuse if it is i switched out from the old engine to the new one. so this is becoming a real problem and if cant fix it im gettin rid of the car

Comment

A bad injector can cause a random misfire. If you want to give it away I always will take used stuff.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

how can i chek the injectors to see if there the cause of the missfire??

Comment

If you have access to a Tech 2 it would be nice , they can see what cly. is having the most misfires, but you can pull them and put a mutimeter on them and they should be around 10-20 ohms.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Did it ever run right since you changed everything ? Maybe you have a plug wire crossed somewhere ? I had the same problem on mine and after doing all the basic things (plugs, wires, fuel filter) ended up taking it somewhere so they can do some better diagnostics with the computer other than just scanning the code.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X