a/c compressor isnt coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c compressor isnt coming on

what are some things that wouldnt let it come on? is there a way to no if the compressor is bad? thanks

Re: a/c compressor isnt coming on

low charge, bad switch

just try and recharge the system, if it still doesnt turn on, you either have a clog somewhere, or a bad compressor

im betting the refrigerant leaked out

Comment

Once it drops below a certain pressure point the compressor doesn't come on so you don't damage it. If you re-charge it and it starts working you have a leak somewhere like cam98aro said.

Comment

Originally posted by 97v6firebird View Post
        Once it drops below a certain pressure point the compressor doesn't come on so you don't damage it. If you re-charge it and it starts working you have a leak somewhere like cam98aro said.
        i rechared it and its still not comin on. and its hold the charge so i dont think it has a leak

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
          i rechared it and its still not comin on. and its hold the charge so i dont think it has a leak
          check the switch that plugs into the compressor then

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
            check the switch that plugs into the compressor then
            ok so i hooked a volt meter to the plug that goes into the compressor and it not getting any power. but the relay is getting power. is there anyway i can hook direct power to the compressor to see if its working?

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
              ok so i hooked a volt meter to the plug that goes into the compressor and it not getting any power. but the relay is getting power. is there anyway i can hook direct power to the compressor to see if its working?
              wait, how did you do that?

im assuming you checked for resistance on the compressor side, and volts for the connector side?

you should be able to short the connection out to get the compressor to work.. if it does anyways

Comment

wait, how did you do that?

im assuming you checked for resistance on the compressor side, and volts for the connector side?

you should be able to short the connection out to get the compressor to work.. if it does anyways
                i unpluged the connertor that goes into the compressor. i then started the car and turned the ac on. my online manuel says the darkgreen wire is hot and the black wire is ground. tested the wire and got a reading of 0. how can i short the compressor?

Comment

thanks for your help btw

Comment

run a direct line to the battery

personally i dont recommend doing that, a new connector on the compressor side shouldn't be too expensive, and its better than messing something up

Comment

run a direct line to the battery

personally i dont recommend doing that, a new connector on the compressor side shouldn't be too expensive, and its better than messing something up
                      but how do i know that is the connetor and not the wire?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X