high beams stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high beams stuck on

so i clicked my highs on last night they come on fine but then when i go to click them off they wont go of the control arm feels broken. any way to turn them off?

Re: high beams stuck on

If the control arm is broken, pull the relay that controls the high beams.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
      If the control arm is broken, pull the relay that controls the high beams.
      thanks. that will allow my low beams to come back on right?

Comment

You can also pull the lower dash panel and actually see the high beam switch. It has the little rod attached to it. You should be able to move it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
          You can also pull the lower dash panel and actually see the high beam switch. It has the little rod attached to it. You should be able to move it by hand.
          found the rod but its not shuting the highs off and i cant find a realy for the high beams

Comment

You'll have to get a Haynes or Chiltons probably and look at the schematic to get an idea where it's at.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Make sure the small metal rod is centered in the high beam switch. If the turn signal stalk feel broken and loose, remove the little cover that surrounds it. there is another flat cover behind it that the tilt wheel lever goes through, if you have tilt. pull that flat plate out and there should be a small loose piece of plastic that attaches to the other end of the high beam rod and the turn signal stalk rides up agaisnt this. If the plastic piece is broken or the rod has slipped out of it, the stalk will just flop around and not control the high beams. Sometimes when this happens the rod also pops out of the high beam switch under the dash. You will need to reinsert it in the switch first before reattaching it at the stalk.
              Last edited by poncho1961; 09-17-2008, 07:43 AM.

Comment

By the way, the little cover you need to remove slides towards the dash to disengage two latches. If you pull it towards the door, the latches may break and then it wont stay on. You may also have to unscrew the tilt lever to remove the inner flat plate.

Comment

Poncho, nice write-up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X