motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor mounts

has anyone changed motor mounts on a 94, 3.4 camaro?
    if so any help would be appreciated.
    thanks burtcam

come on, nobody has changed motor mounts on a 94 camaro, somebody i'm sure has done it.

Comment

I just did this on a 95 3.4 Firebird.

Both sides are tough to get at. Be careful, I won't be held responsible for injury or damage.

How I did it:

step...

1. Support car securely on Jackstands

2. Place a block of wood on jack and position under the oil pan

3. Pump the jack 1/2 of a stroke or so to take a tiny bit of slack off the mounts

4. Undo the nut on passenger side Motor mount through bolt (use a 15mm socket on bolt head closest to rad, from above. 18mm and extension with a 1/2" ratchet from below the car on the Nut. Takes awhile)

5. Pull the bolt out (may have to slightly raise or lower the jack to slide it out easily)

6. undo the 3 bolts holding the mount to the frame. 13mm socket on 1/4" ratchet for the bottom bolt (accessed from under the vehicle). 13mm 1/4 or 3/8" ratchet for the top bolts (accessed from above).

7. Jack motor up a bit more, so you can slide the mount out

8. Slide new mount in, shove the through bolt in, but don't tighten yet. (will have to lower the motor a tad)

9. tighten all 3 mount bolts to the frame and then tighten the Through bolt up.

10. Do the Drivers side (Same as passenger side except EVERYTHING IS ACCESSED FROM UNDERNEATH VEHICLE)

Comment

dont rely on the jack to hold your motor...get a solid stack of wood and lower the car and allow the car to drop down as the motor rests on a piece of wood on a stand or whatever. before you get under use your jackstands to support the car just enough so if the jack fails it will fall just transfer the weight to the jackstands completely
        3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

That sounds unsafe. A jack isn't going to fail by putting a few hundred pounds of pressure on an engine.

make sure the vehicle's weight is supported by jackstands. I had a 3rd stand sitting under the front k-member, just in case.

We're talking like a maximum 3 inches of motor movement, and you'll have a tough time pulling the through-bolt in and out without the variable movement of a jack.

Comment

thanks guys, burtcam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X