idle doesnt drop when shifting/cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle doesnt drop when shifting/cold

Hi guys my problem is when I start the car in the morning on the first couple of shifts it will stay at that rpm for a sec or 2, then drop. I already replaced the Iac valve and it fixed it until the next day. I keep reseting it and it does the same thing, it works for a little then when it goes back to its original state. Its getting really annoying and my passengers always think I suck at driving standard. the car jerks cause the rpms arent dropping and I have learned to hold the clutch down longer than usually for those first couple shifts. After 5 mins of driving its normal. What can cause this?
    1995 3.4L M5 Camaro<br />Bullet Performance Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Stage 1 clutch, Short shifter, Hotchkis STB, Taylor Ignition wires, NGK spark plugs

do you let the car warm up before driving?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

yes for atleast a minute or more. Ill pull up to a stop sign and the lowest it will idle is 1500 when cold but thats not really my concern its this shifting thing, my friends cars cold, the rpms will drop right down when he shifts and his car has alot more miles than mine.
      1995 3.4L M5 Camaro<br />Bullet Performance Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Stage 1 clutch, Short shifter, Hotchkis STB, Taylor Ignition wires, NGK spark plugs

Comment

when a car first starts up, it will idle at a higher RPM untill it is warm.

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n:
          when a car first starts up, it will idle at a higher RPM untill it is warm.
          but 1500 rpm's seems like alot even when its cold. i dont know what it could be but mine will idle at 1100 rpm's when its cold if that makes you feel any better...........maybe your throttle is getting stuck until it warms up

Comment

Mine does the same thing and always has for 8 years. Hasn't gotten any worse so I'm not particularly worried about it.
            1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

I would just try letting the car warm up longer in the morning
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

ya it doesnt bother me and hasnt gotten worse but I just thought it was kinda weird. Also I watched it again and It idles at 1100 cold, and stays at 1100 at the stop sign so that must be normal. Thanks anyways guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X