Coolant issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant issues.

Last night was a great night with my car till the good old Engine Service soon light came on and I was like **&&**^*&%^&^%! so I took it to auto zone had them run a scan on it and it seems like I just need a basic coolant flush according to them its low on coolant.

I have never done this before so I checked it out and the juice looks pretty nasty.

The only thing I want to know is once I get the fluid flushed and pour in the new fluid will I be set and the check engine light goes away? or is this something else?:rant:

Any imput would be used greatly.

Re: Coolant issues.

What code is it exactly?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

it throws a code if your coolant is low??

Comment

check the coolant first

look in the rad, and overflow

every once in a while my fathers car gets a low coolant light when his coolant is fine

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
          it throws a code if your coolant is low??
          X2. You get an SES light for dirty coolant or low coolant???

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
            X2. You get an SES light for dirty coolant or low coolant???
            lol apparently the LOW COOLANT light doesn't work.

Comment

I honestly donno what code it was apparently they guy said it was the coolant sensor.:banana:

I checked it and it looked pretty nasty:eek: so i'am going to go ahead and flush the system anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera View Post
                I honestly donno what code it was apparently they guy said it was the coolant sensor.:banana:

I checked it and it looked pretty nasty:eek: so i'am going to go ahead and flush the system anyways.
                Well that's good that you're taking care of it but I don't believe there is a sensor in our cars to tell us what how much or what condition our coolant is in. I really think you should get it read again to find out what exact code it's throwing because it could potentially be something else that needs attention.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i think the v8's have some kind of coolant sensor in the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                    Well that's good that you're taking care of it but I don't believe there is a sensor in our cars to tell us what how much or what condition our coolant is in. I really think you should get it read again to find out what exact code it's throwing because it could potentially be something else that needs attention.
                    I %$#^#ing hope its not something else.

Ill be doing the flush sometime soon maybe in the next week or two I already bought the coolant just need someone to help me do it you know with the proper tools and such.

If the light is still one looks like it will have to go back to the garage.

Comment

There is a difference from a low coolant sensor and coolant sensor.

If the coolant sensor is gunked up or faulty it will throw a code - the PCM doesn't know whether the coolant is reaching operating temp in a specfic time frame. It's like if you throw in a 160* stat...it opens earlier than stock 190* so the PCM throws a code saying it not heating up correctly.

This code can make your AC inop, fans stay on, or even reduce engine power.

More than likely it's gunked up from dexcrap - flush, clear code and see what happens.

Comment

Ok this is getting weird.

The Engine service soon light has vanished!.

However I haven't done anything yet no flushing no nothing.

What the **** is going on here!?.

Comment

Like I said, it could be something else unrelated. You gotta know your codes to understand what the ECM is trying to tell you. You can still get it scanned to read stored codes. Which I really really really think you should do.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yeah blizzo is right, get the darn thing scanned.

take it to the stealership to get it scanned or buy a scanner, heck you might be able to go to advance or autozone. :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                              yeah blizzo is right, get the darn thing scanned.

take it to the stealership to get it scanned or buy a scanner, heck you might be able to go to advance or autozone. :tup:
                              How much do these scanners go for?

I took it to Autozone to get scanned when the light poped on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X