Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: scratched/groved pullies

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
    i would start the motor and go under the hood and rev the motor if you have the cable throttle body. see is anything looks out of wack
    I have....other then a loud ticking from the back passenger side of the motor, and a little bit of whirring.....nothing....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      I have....other then a loud ticking from the back passenger side of the motor, and a little bit of whirring.....nothing....
      A loud ticking? And you're worried about what color your belt is? lol, I don't mean that to be as harsh as it sounds. You've asked on another thread about the tick right?

BTW, I wouldn't put any other size belt than what's OE when you have a stock setup.
      The mechanics that installed a new tensioner and belt on my gf's car said it would be alright but the belt is too short and the tensioner is hitting the stop tab which creates a huge racket.. Which sounds like someone trying to whack a tin can with drums sticks as fast as they can. Those were mechanics from AAA.
      The point is.. some mechanics cut corners based on time constraints and what supplies they have on hand. It's hard to find a good one.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

lol...1 problem at a time!...I trust mine, they are pretty good...I wouldnt take the car there if I didnt...and yea, lol I havent asked about the ticking yet...I figure I would search first then ask...my guess is it is probably a noisy lifter or exhaust leak off the header, but I think it is a little loud for an exhaust leak.

How can you tell if you water pump is going? I have a new pulley there, but I believe the W/p is original. There is no coolant leaking down the front of the engine, which is what I read most people notice first...

Comment

so the belt just barely does a 90 degree bend...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X