Loud ticking noise on start up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud ticking noise on start up.

The last few times I've started my car in the morning I've gotten this loud ticking noise that lasts for about 5 secs. Should I worry about that?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Loud ticking noise on start up.

Most likely just sticking lifters. If it goes away, don't worry about it. How long since your last oil change?

Comment

I think Im overdue about 2 weeks. But Im not close to 3000 miles since last change. I getting it changed this Friday.
      2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

i used to crank my car and hear what sounded like a ticking noise but always went away, turns out when i put my headers on there was a bolt that was broke off in the head, and wasnt sealing the exhaust, then it would heat up and seal.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

probably a lifter, change your oil, there is probably some dirt that is stuck in there and its taking a bit longer to get the oil through than the others

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X