Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Return to Idle" Issue

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    yeah you need the exact same service # and belive me, ones for the 93 are hard to find.
    That figures.

Comment

Here is where I am at right now:

I have tested the IAC with my ohm meter and it checks out fine according to the Haynes and Chiltons manuals. It is installed properly and the passages are clean.

With the car idling at 900 rpm I unplugged the IAC. It is really the only safe way to drive it.

Driving it the other way is very dangerous. When I try to stop the car it wants to keep going since the engine is revving up at 1800 rpm.

So, currently the IAC in unplugged. The car drives fine, the only noticable difference is that I need to crack the throttle when I start it. I realize that I should not keep it like this, but for now it is the only way to get around the problem.

I have searched, and searched again. I have googled the heck out of this issue with no resolve. I have pretty much ruled out the VSS. I think it is related to the vehicle being in motion, but it seems like the VSS itself is ok.

Comment

vacuum leak?

Comment

Here is a big time update...

When I left work toay I had to make a quick run from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and back. About 35 miles each way. Before I got on the road I connected the IAC. The entire way there the car felt like the cruise control was on. I could take my foot off the gas and the car would stay up at highway speed. When I put it in neutral it was idling at 1900 rpm.

When I got to Fort Lauderdale I disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 1 hour while I took care of what I had to do there. When I was finished, I reconnected the battery and fired it up. It ran excellent. I drove it the whole way home with no issue at all. When I took my foot of the gas the car slowed down just as it is supposed to do.

When I got home it was still running perfect. I shut it down for the night and I will see how it is in the morning.

At least now I know it is PCM related for sure. I hope that reseting the PCM solved the problem, but only time will tell.

Comment

You are going to be so proud of yourself when you are finished,that is some good troubleshooting,within that you will gain more knowledge,well I do disconnect the battery on all vehicles that have those kinda problems so I think you are good to go but your pcm may have dry joints and it may just need cleaning up.

Comment

So far, so good. I drove the car around all morning long without any issues.

Comment

Well all is well now so happy motoring:wavey:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro View Post
                  Well all is well now so happy motoring:wavey:
                  Thanks. I hope it does not resurface. If it does I will let you know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X