car flooding out when first started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car flooding out when first started

When I start my 97 , 3.8 Firebird up and step on the accelerator when it is park it acts like it is flooding out. This only last 10 /15 seconds and then it runs fine . No engine check light has come on. Any ideas
    Thanks
    97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

Re: car flooding out when first started

maybe a sound clip of said issue would help diagnose
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Is it hard starting too? Maybe a fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes my 98 would fire right up, other times take 5-8 secs b ut always seemed to run rough for about 8-10 secs. It would also kind of get that flooding out effect if I try to rev it immediately after starting.
      If you know someone who has a pressure gauge, you can do a bleed down check on fuel pressure to see if regulator is holding.

Comment

I was reading along and was wondering what would happen if you let it warm up and see what happens

Comment

if the motor is cold you have no reason to be revving it anyway, not good for it.

keep in mind, when you cold start, the czr runs in open loop mode ( a "default" of sorts ) untill the o2 sensors are up to temp and then the computer goes into closed loop where it takes info from the sensors. first few secs the cars running its running on gerneral outlines as far as air and fuel ect go.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X