Hey Fellas Heater core n Idle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Fellas Heater core n Idle help

I want to change out my heatercore but im gettin diffrent opinions about if the ac has to be discharged or not out of a 94 V6 camaro and how to go about doing it anyone every changed a heatercore in 1 or have any instructions? Aswell as my idle when im turning or slowing down the car idles below 1000rpm and it studders like it wants to cut off. Could it be my coil pack or could be my injectors? pls guys its cold down here and my car is hesitating sombody pls help :-(!!!!!

Re: Hey Fellas Heater core n Idle help

Regarding the irratic idle;
    Ever remove and thoroughly clean your throttle body? They can and DO become clogged up due to carbon buildup. A good disassembly and cleaning makes a world of difference.

If one of your coilpacks were shot, you'd have irratic idle all of the time. You may want to check youe spark plug wires to see if they are shorting out somewhere, or just in need of replacing.

Dare I also say, maybe a good seafoaming too...?
    sigpic

Comment

According to the service manual, you do not need to discharge the a/c when changing the heater core. The Chilton's and Haynes manuals have pretty good instructions for changing out the heater core.

As for the idle, clean the throttle body. Remove the IAC, clean it, and put it back in. It is the best place to start. Once you have everything nice and clean if the problem still exists you can start to narrow it down.

If you are not sure where the IAC is, the repair manuals mentioned above explain it very well. I recommend getting one, they are pretty cheap and available everywhere.

Comment

You go Nascar24jd LOL you would know hahaha anyway good advice,the hesitation could be a number of things plugs,dirty fuel filter,plug wires,coil and I can go on but check the simple things first,I know of an instance where a car wouldn't start and they take down dash,get injectors flow tested,calling to the UK because it was a WRC car and when the technician supervisor pass by a give it a look for the first time believe it or not it was just the main fuse had corrosion on the contacts,so always check the simple things first.

Comment

i don't have a penis but i will chim in......heater core sits in front of your ac
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X